Sunday, September 20, 2009



Lamphere, Painting with Light, f-stop 4.0, shutter speed 20.0, ISO 1600

Although I had wanted the subject to actually be under the water as it was falling, this compromise seemed more practical. I had to set up my camera on a tripod amidst the flowing water, which made me somewhat nervous, but it turned out well enough. Somewhat problematic were the gels I decided to use, consisting of extremely thin and fragile parchment paper that would tear at even the mention of water.

2 comments:

  1. dude this is really cool!! i love the use of color everywhere and how it's got this dreamy effect to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. He reminds me of an Indian shaman performing a sacred ritual at night. It has that kind of feel. You are brave to get your camera on a tripod in water. There is a little motion blur, especially on his left arm, and i wish his face was just a bit more focused---maybe a brief pop of strobe to freeze him. Awesome idea

    ReplyDelete